Expedia(R) is making booking holiday travel this year more rewarding than ever with two new holiday promotions. Customers who book and complete air, hotel or vacation package travel on Expedia.com between now and Dec. 31, 2004, can celebrate by earning anywhere from $50 to $200 off of vacations taken between Jan. 1
- Mar. 31, 2005.* And since there will be plenty of photo opportunities during holiday trips, Expedia has teamed up with the leading online photo service, Snapfish, to offer qualified customers free prints and an easier way to manage travel memories.**
"Quick trips home to visit family and friends during the holidays can sometimes be frenetic and fast-paced, leaving people feeling like they need another vacation," says Stuart MacDonald, senior vice president of marketing and packages at Expedia. "If you're already booking your holiday travel, why not get a little bonus to use later when you have the time to take a real vacation."
Customers who book air, an Expedia(R) Special Rate (ESR) hotel, or a flight+hotel package on Expedia.com before year-end and who complete the trip during the same time frame will receive a coupon which can be applied to a minimum four-night vacation package taken between Jan. 1 - Mar. 31, 2005. All they need to do is to enter the code 'getaway' when they are booking any of the following:
-- Holiday Flights: Expedia offers vast flight options, competitive prices and a flexible flight calendar that allows you to pick the best times to fly over the holidays. Book and complete any air travel between now and year-end to receive $50 off a vacation package within Q1 2005. -- Hotel Haven: With virtual tours, photos, flexible hotel rate calendars, and more than 20,000 Expedia(R) Special Rate hotels to choose from, your only challenge will be choosing a check-out date. Book and complete any hotel stay at an ESR hotel between now and year-end to receive $100 off a vacation package in Q1 2005. -- Holiday Packages: Expedia offers vacation packages to more than 700 destinations around the world -- often saving you money, time ... and sanity. Book and complete any flight+hotel package between now and year-end to receive $200 off a vacation package in Q1 2005.
Travelers can visit www.expedia.com/holiday for more details; terms and conditions also listed below.
With easy booking, great customer service, and tons of selection on Expedia.com, the only challenge is deciding where to go! Whether you're planning a family reunion back home, a friends get-away during the holidays, or just looking for somewhere new to visit, Expedia has the online tools and resources to help you build the trip you want. Last year, Expedia customers' top holiday destinations included Chicago, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Orlando, and New York. International holiday favorites included San Juan, Cancun, London, Cabo San Lucas and Nassau, Bahamas
Holiday memories are as important as your destination so Expedia and Snapfish will help you make the most of your holiday photos. Expedia is offering 50 free 4x6 prints when you upload your digital photos to Snapfish and free development of one roll of film when you mail it in. Travelers can find out offer details by visiting www.expedia.com/snapfish; terms and conditions also listed below.
About Expedia, Inc.
Expedia, Inc. is the world's leading online travel service and the fourth largest travel agency in the U.S. Expedia's award-winning Expert Searching and Pricing (ESP) technology delivers the most comprehensive flight options available online. ESP also allows customers to dynamically build complete trips that combine flights, Expedia(R) Special Rate hotels and other lodging, ground transportation, and destination services and activities. Expedia's quality and leadership have been recognized in awards such as PC Magazine's "Editors' Choice" and Forbes "Favorite General Travel Site." Expedia, Inc. is an operating company of IAC/InterActiveCorp
NOTE: Expedia, Expedia.com, and the airplane logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Expedia, Inc. in the United States, Canada and/or other countries.
* Happy Holidays Coupon Offer: Offer Terms & Conditions:
1. To qualify for a discount coupon off of travel between Jan. 1 - Mar. 31, 2005 , shop for a flight, Expedia Special Rate hotel, or air+hotel vacation package for travel completed by December 31, 2004. Car only bookings do not qualify for this offer. You will need to sign into your account -- or sign up for one -- in order to qualify for and receive a coupon. Click "Choose and continue" after selecting your flight, Expedia Special Rate hotel, or air+hotel package. On the Rate Details Summary page, click the "I have a coupon" link and enter the code "Getaway" into the redemption code box.
2. Within thirty (30) days of your travel end date, Expedia will deposit your coupon directly into your Expedia account. You will receive an e-mail notification when your coupon is ready to use. If you do not currently receive Expedia promotional emails and want to be notified when your coupon has been deposited, please sign-up at www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll?qscr=moda
3. When you are ready to redeem your coupon, click the URL in the notification email or go to www.expedia.com. You will be required to log in to your Expedia account. This single-use coupon may be used when booking one (1) new air+hotel vacation package of four (4) nights or more on Expedia.com by 11:59 p.m. (Pacific Time) on March 27, 2005, for travel between January 1 and March 31, 2005. Travel must be completed by March 31, 2005.
4. This offer is from Expedia.com(R) and is available to Expedia.com U.S. members only.
5. Air+hotel vacation package reservations are subject to availability. Coupon may be redeemed only by booking online via the coupon travel booking procedure on Expedia.com. Coupon may not be combined with or applied to other coupons, promotions or special offers.
6. All taxes, fees, charges, and surcharges applicable to the booking, including, without limitation, extra person charges, parking fees, phone and other charges to the room and incidentals, are applicable to your reservation, and this coupon cannot be applied to them. These charges must be paid at the time of reservation or to the hotel directly, and they are the responsibility solely of the customer.
7. Please check vacation package Terms and Conditions for more information on air+hotel trip reservation and cancellation policies. Coupon cannot be applied to the cost of penalties, prepaid reservations, administrative fees, or other miscellaneous charges.
8. Coupon will be deemed fully used once a qualifying reservation has been made, and will not be returned or replaced, even in the event that the reservation is cancelled. If travel dates are changed after the use of coupon, then the coupon will not apply to the changed travel schedule.
9. Terms and conditions of this offer are as written and cannot be changed by any representation of any unauthorized person, including employees of Expedia, Inc.
10. Void where prohibited by law. **Snapfish Offer Terms and Conditions
Offer valid for airline, hotel, rental car or vacation package booked at least fourteen (14) days prior to travel, with travel completed by December 31, 2004. To qualify, you must have agreed to receive promotional email from Expedia Travel, and your account must not block or filter such email. To receive Expedia email, go to www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll?qscr=moda. Limit: one (1) coupon per person or email address. Within fourteen (14) days of completing your qualifying travel, you will receive the coupon code and redemption instructions via email. You must have a Snapfish account or sign up for one in order to redeem the coupon. Coupon expires February 15, 2005. Customer is responsible for photo and film shipping and handling. Additional restrictions apply. See coupon and snapfish.com for details. Void where prohibited.
SOURCE: Expedia, Inc.
CONTACT: press only, Alexa Waltz of Fleishman-Hillard, +1-415-318-4110,
Web site: http://www.expedia.com/